About the Course
This course aims to provide students with an understanding of the nature of enterprise and entrepreneurship and introduces the role of the entrepreneur, innovation and technology in the entrepreneurial process.
This course is targeted towards the development of growth business that are increasingly led by innovation in technology. The elements covered in this introductory course on innovation and entrepreneurship also serves as a foundation for ‘intrapreneurial’ journey (innovation inside a large company).
Entrepreneurship is as much a mindset as it is about action. It involves “building something from nothing” and successful entrepreneurs know how to manage and mitigate uncertainty and risk. As this is an introductory course, this will cover breadth giving an expansive view of the cycle of taking an idea to a product/solution and along the way develop discipline, knowledge, critical thinking and problem solving, teamwork & communication skills, ethical competency, and emotional intelligence. Course is a mix of interactive lectures, class activities and one project.
Course Objectives(What will you learn)
- Discuss the attitudes, values, characteristics, behavior, and processes associated with possessing an entrepreneurial mindset and engaging in successful appropriate entrepreneurial behavior.
- Discuss entrepreneurship and innovation from a practical perspective, and the role of the entrepreneur in the new enterprise creation process.
- Describe the ways in which entrepreneurs perceive opportunity, manage risk, organize resources and add value.
- Develop a plan for implementing entrepreneurial activities in a globalized and competitive environment.
- Engage in a continuing learning process through the interaction with peers in related topics, as individuals and as team members.
Who should attend
B-Tech 2nd/3rd and Final year students
Out station students / candidates have to make their arrangements for accommodation and boarding
Course Outline and schedule
- Key elements of Entrepreneurship
- Design Thinking
- Ideas vs. Opportunities
- Identifying the opportunity
- Startup Marketing Basics
- Startup Finance Basics
- Business Model
- Business Model Canvas (BMC)
- Pitching overview
- Pitching your business idea and final BMC
Day-06 (Evaluation and Assessment)